all us on 07 5443 2345

Internationally recognised qualification

Visit our in-house beauty salon

Highly accredited global trainers

Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3

Getting a Visa to Study Beauty in Australia


How to apply - please note this is for information only as we do not accept students outside of Australia

The process of applying for a student visa varies from country to country, therefore it is advisable to contact the closest Australian diplomatic post for more information. The DIAC website also provides visa information for overseas students

Applying for Your Visa Online

Applications for some student visas can now be made online via the DIAC website. The ability to submit visa applications on the internet is currently limited to assessment level 1 students who are applying for certain visa sub-classes. Please refer to the Country Assessment Level information on the DIAC website to determine if your country level and subclass are categorised as Assessment Level 1.

Renewing Your Student Visa

If you have previously studied in Australia and need to renew your student visa for your new course at International College of Esthetics, in most cases you can apply for your visa renewal at a DIAC office in Australia. However, it is important to check the DIAC website to determine if this is possible for the assessment level of your citizenship and visa subclass required. Please check the following website:

Student visas are issued by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) with a number of conditions. Students who do not abide by these regulations risk losing their visa. Students must:

• Satisfy academic requirements (students must be enrolled full-time and make satisfactory academic progress)

• Study with the education provider where they initially enrol for the first year of their course, or if the course is less than 12 months, for the duration of the course

• Advise the Beauty College within 7 days of their arrival in Australia, of their current residential address and of any subsequent changes of address, within 7 days of each change

• Maintain acceptable health and medical insurance during their stay in Australia

• Beauty students and their family members must not work without permission. Beauty students are not automatically granted the right to work on a student visa. If students wish to get a job while studying, they must wait until classes have started to apply for permission to work (PTW) on their student visa.

Applications can be lodged online or at a DIAC office. The current fee is AU$55.

Applying to work in Australia

You must hold a valid passport and visa to live, work or study beauty in Australia. To study beauty you will require a student visa. 

All applicants for student visas must take out Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).

Under student visa regulations, international beauty students at the International College of Esthetics can work for up to 20 hours per week in part-time or casual employment, and full-time during vacation periods. A part-time job must not interfere with your study course, as study is your number one priority. It is not designed to subsidise your course or living costs. Beauty students should also check the immigration website for information on the work rights of your dependents, ie spouse and children.

Beauty students need to apply to the Department of Immigration for permission to work in Australia. International beauty students can only apply for permission to work once their teaching period have started. All student visa holders will need to contact DIAC regarding permission to work prior to commencing work based training. For information on how to apply, please go to:

You must have more than 6 months remaining on your student visa in order to be granted a permission to work visa.